OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19: Due to the current guidelines implemented by the state of Kentucky, we are booking orders on a very limited schedule. Please schedule your order as soon as possible, as we have fewer spots than normal.
Some of our most frequently asked questions! Hopefully this will help guide you as you choose the perfect dessert for your occasion!
1. "How much does it cost?". There is no simple answer here. All cakes are priced individually based on size, flavor, design. So for instance, if you asked me how much a 3 tier cake would cost, that would be like me asking a realtor "how much is a 3 bedroom home?". It's nearly impossible to price a cake just based on one aspect. Some good things to know about pricing however; buttercream work starts at $6/serving and fondant work starts at $7/serving. So a wedding cake to serve 100 would have a starting price of $600. There is a $200 minimum order fee on all cake orders. Anything sculpted has a $300 minimum, regardless of size/servings. Cupcakes start at $3.50 each for a basic cupcake and cakepops start at $4.50 each. Cookies are priced per need, as the size/type etc. can all affect the cost.
2. "Will you recreate a cake I saw on Pinterest?". Of course! While I don't like recreating someone else's work, simply because I'm super creative and like to design my own cakes, if you have something you love I will absolutely recreate what you want!
3. "Do you deliver?". It depends! ALL wedding cakes require delivery and most of the time delivery is free. Some celebration cakes are delivered based on size and design.
4. "How the heck do I cut this thing?". HA! Your guess is as good as mine! :) Just kidding! Most of the time cutting instructions will be given upon pickup.
5. "WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?". Our baking kitchen is located in Winchester, KY; however, if you are to pickup your cake, a Lexington based address will be given once you pay your invoice! Currently, we do not have a store front, we are by appointment only. A storefront would require a lot of time and energy that I would rather devote to my kiddos while they're young. I'm a mama first! :)
6. "How do I pay for my order?". All orders are processed through Square, an internet based, secure processing site. Once your order is finalized, you will be emailed an invoice via Square with a link to pay, super simple!
7. "How far in advance should I book my cake?". AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Most often we are booked months in advance but sometimes have dates open a few weeks out, don't ever hesitate to ask!!
8. "How do I get on your calendar?" - Once a design is decided, an invoice requesting a deposit will be emailed to you. Once that deposit is paid, your date is locked in. No dates are held without a secure, non-refundable deposit being paid.
9. "What do you sell besides cakes?". EVERYTHING! We do cupcakes, cakepops, cookies, anything you'd like...we are a CUSTOM bakery! We bake what you need.
10. "Do I have to pay a deposit?". Yes. All orders require a 25% non-refundable deposit to hold your date. All specialty cakes are due two weeks prior to the event, wedding cakes are due 30 days prior to the event. ALL ORDERS ARE TO BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO PICKUP/DELIVERY, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
11. "What are your flavor choices?". While we do have seasonal flavors, our regular flavors that are ALWAYS on board are (*denotes an upgraded flavor and will affect the price of your cake):
Fillings (additional cost per serving):